Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Spazzy Traveler

Friends, it's time to confess to you that I am a little neurotic. I know you like to think of me as your rock, but I am not. I am a big giant spazz. Oh, to be a rock. I'd love to be a one, a solid, immovable, possibly igneous rock formation that does not ever have to travel. I am packing up to go to Florida to work for the season, and as usual... I am freaking out.

I have made this trip before, in fact, I have made it many times, but that does not make me any less of a spazz. I suffer from irritatingly, neurotic, obsessive compulsive behavior and progressively panicky inability to think disorder. INOCBAPPITTD for short. It's a common condition in deer that causes them to stand next to the road mesmerized by your headlights and then suddenly leap in front of your car.

Case in point, I really should be doing laundry or any number of useful trip preparations right now, instead I have decided that I must start a blog. I'm aware that blogging leads to ridicule and suicide, but now that I know that Hilary has a blog, I must have one too. The difference being that Hilary's blog is the chronicle of her two beautiful daughters, a tribute to motherhood and the perpetuation of the human race. Mine will be brimming with the pathetic drool of self indulgence, and possibly some delicious recipes for cake.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

This is excellent. Now call me so we can go to dinner.